A Personal Insurance Update
Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the world. The rate in which consumers conduct business online is also increasing. Online shopping is growing at an all-time high, and most people pay bills and do banking online. All these factors lead to identity theft concerns for everyone. Your personal insurance may or may not cover some level of identity theft. Call our office to get a free personal insurance review. We can offer identity theft coverage.
Here are a few proven ways to reduce the possibility of identity theft.
- Keep your computer software up to date.
- Use strong passwords and change them regularly.
- Use the latest security software.
- Keep all important documents under lock and key.
- Do not over share your activity on social media.
- Check your credit report annually.
- Never use your computer on an open network.
- Reduce your junk email by opting out of offers you do not need.
- Never open an email from a source you do not know.
- Always destroy your paper mail before you place it in the garbage.
- Never give your personal information to a phone solicitor.
Online shopping, going to the doctor, or purchasing gasoline. The risk of identity theft exists in practically every aspect of our daily lives.
You may accidentally provide your information to a scammer while believing you’re purchasing at a trustworthy website. A data breach at your doctor’s office is possible. Alternatively, you may come across a modified credit card reader at the gas pump.
The threats to your identification are numerous. So, what can you do to put a stop to it? Unfortunately, no one can totally eliminate the risk of identity theft today. However, we can all take critical efforts to help prevent it.