When you are looking for the best value in personal insurance, it is about more than just getting the lowest cost insurance policy. While the price is important, there is a lot more to the value of an insurance policy than just price, for example, coverage and service.
Over the years, we have found that homeowners who adhere to the following strategies have a better chance of obtaining the best possible combination of coverage, price, and service.
- Make sure you understand the different types of personal insurance.
- Identify theft
- Mexico insurance
- Life Insurance
- Use an agent like us to represent you in the market. We know and understand personal insurance, and we are much better equipped to help you manage your personal insurance program. We will stand by you in every claim situation. Allow your agent to manage your entire personal insurance needs. Having one source for all your policies will save you time. Also, having one professional handle all your needs gives them the ability to understand your entire needs.
An Advocate For You. They have licensed and experienced staff. Their staff is qualified and trained to explain coverage in simple terms. Independent agents offer unbiased advice. Independent agents will help you through the claims process.
Greater Market Access. Independent agents have access to many markets allowing them to deliver more options. They have dozens of markets from which to select and will search them all to bring you the best possible combination of price, coverage, and service. More options mean lower premiums for you.
Professional Advice. They can review coverage and make necessary changes based on your needs. Coverage can be designed to meet your individual needs. Since independent insurance agents aren’t advocates for a single company, they can help you find the best prices without any preference for one company over another.
Locally Owned. They are involved in your community and support local causes, kind of like farm to table for insurance.
- Only use financially strong insurers. It is vital that your insurance is there to pay for claims. Is the insurance company capable of keeping that promise? Will the company even be around after many years? What if there were a major disaster or another event that would require a company to pay any claims at the same time? Does the company have the assets and liquidity to pay claims as promised? These are the questions we ask and answer. We will educate you about which company best suits your needs.
- Make sure you have high liability limits. It is essential that every homeowner and renter have enough liability insurance to cover unexpected events. This is especially true if you own an RV, ATV or boat.
Unfortunately, we live in a lawsuit-happy society, where everyone and anyone is at risk of being sued. If you’re sued and found, you could be responsible for hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions. Personal liability insurance can help offer protection against these lawsuits that could cause financial ruin.
Consider A Personal Umbrella Protection
Umbrella Insurance provides extra protection or limits above the liability insurance you currently have. Just as an umbrella protects you from heavy rain, an umbrella insurance policy protects you from losing the entirety of your wealth and assets in the event of a claim. Umbrella insurance can provide limits above your business insurance, personal auto, and home policies.
Umbrella insurance provides broad insurance beyond traditional insurance. It provides additional liability coverage above the limits of your primary insurance policies. It can also provide coverage for claims that may be excluded by the primary policies.
- Consider increasing your deductibles. Often a slight increase in your deductibles can reduce premiums. If you are able to manage a larger deductible, you may be better off in the end. We are all looking for ways to save money.
Insurance works hard to offer the best combination of pricing and coverage to all our clients. We recommend that you review your insurance program annually to make sure your insurance is meeting your changing needs. Considering changes in deductibles should be part of this process. Increasing deductibles can reduce your premiums and may save you money in the long run.
We’ll get you the protection you need to cover the roof over your head. That means we’ll get you the protection against fire, theft, damage—even dog bites!